Sealless Magnetic Drive Pumps for Renewable Energy Applications
Sustainable solutions are a must for today’s marketplace. As manufacturers, suppliers and energy experts work to create a greener future, they need products that deliver reliability and flexibility. Finish Thompson’s comprehensive line of industrial chemical pumps are ideal for these diverse renewable energy applications. These pumps combine durability and versatility to provide essential components for a full range of sustainable energy applications.
- Pumping bio-diesel and ethanol
- Sulfuric acid, HCL, caustic additives during processing
- Tanker loading
- Fume scrubbers for solar panel manufacturing
- Liquid electrolyte for flow batteries
- Pumping enzymes, sodium hydroxide, acids and other corrosive fluids used in the manufacture of fuel-grade ethanol
- Biodiesel production catalyst and the acid wash materials
- Coolant for fuel cells
Which Series are Applicable?
Magnetically coupled, sealless centrifugal pumps. Finish Thompson DB Series and SP Series pumps are designed from the ground up to pump corrosive chemicals.
- No mechanical seal – Powerful rare earth magnetic drive system eliminates the troublesome mechanical seal.
- Corrosion resistant – Engineered for the most aggressive liquids, manufactured from polypropylene or PVDF.
- Run dry ability – Makes them less prone to operator error or system upset.
- Self-priming option – SP Series pumps can lift fluid from as deep as 25 feet (7.6 meters) below the pump or can pull liquid out of the top of a tank eliminating through-the-sidewall bulkhead fittings.
Engineered for extreme reliability in the most extreme chemical processing applications, Finish Thompson’s ULTRAChem® pumps are magnetically driven, ANSI dimensional pumps. They are constructed from tough ductile iron with ETFE lining for superior corrosion resistance.
- Sealless design – Powerful neodymium magnets drive the impeller through a carbon-filled ETFE lined barrier for dependable, leak-free operation
- Fully supported shaft and self-aligning dual bushings – designed for optimum alignment to prevent premature wear
- Complete encapsulation of inner drive magnets in ETFE – for ultimate corrosion protection.
- Low running loads and component stress – for maximum reliability
Powered by compressed air, FTI Air pumps can run dry, handle solids and abrasives, pump viscous and shear-sensitive fluids and are easy to install and operate. They offer excellent chemical resistance with corrosive/hazardous chemicals and can be used for numerous applications including loading and unloading tankers, totes and barrels; for batching/dosing chemicals or as portable utility pumps.
- Simple, durable design – Fewer parts improves reliability and maintenance.
- Non-stalling air valve – Simple, rugged, reliable design.
- Variable flow and pressure – Easy adjustment makes it easy to meet application requirements.
- Ease of operation & maintenance – Fewer parts make FTI Air pumps easy to install, operate and maintain.