Sealless Magnetic Drive Pumps for Aquarium and Aquatic Life Applications
In the aquatic industry, precision and reliability are key. These qualities are essential for the proper circulation and treatment of the aquatic environment. Without the right pumps for these tasks, aquariums fail and aquatic life suffers. Finish Thompson’s complete line of sealless magnetic drive pumps provide the delicate care, diverse solutions, and durability required to meet the needs of the aquarium industry.
Typical Applications for Aquarium Pumps
- Focus tanks
- Circulation of water to tanks and aquatic life zones
- Pump water to holding area
- Transfer waste water to storage tanks for treatment
- Portable sampling pump
- Transfer formalin and hydrogen peroxide from drums to treat disease
Magnetically coupled, sealless centrifugal pumps. Finish Thompson DB Series and SP Series pumps are designed from the ground up for quiet, reliable operation while generating less heat than other designs.
- No mechanical seal – Powerful rare earth magnetic drive system eliminates the troublesome mechanical seal.
- Corrosion resistant – Tough enough to handle even the most aggressive fluids, manufactured from polypropylene or PVDF.
- Run dry ability – Makes them less prone to operator error or system upset.
- Self-priming option – SP Series pumps can lift fluid from as deep as 25 feet (7.6 meters) below the pump or can pull liquid out of the top of a tank eliminating through-the-sidewall bulkhead fittings.
Finish Thompson drum pumps are extremely versatile and are not just for use in in drums. A wide range of tube lengths and materials of construction allow them to be used for a wide range of applications including water or chemical transfer for treatment or testing.
- An ideal replacement for hand pumps
- Integral strainer
- Built-in hose, cord clips (EFP/EFV only)
- Will handle light acids and bases, sodium hypochlorite, cleaners, coolants