Pumps for Food & Beverage Applications
Finish Thompson offers a variety of pumps specifically constructed of FDA compliant materials and are ideal for food and beverage applications where 3A or USDA standards are not required.
Transfer of flavorings, dyes, sauces, juices, spirits, CIP solutions, DI water and many more into process tanks or kettles.
Which Series are Applicable?
AC Series Centrifugal Pumps
Manufactured from 316 stainless steel with available FDA seals, elastomers and tri-clamp connections, Finish Thompson AC Series pumps are ideal for the transfer of a variety of thin bodied liquids used in the food and beverage industries.
- Heavy gage 316 stainless steel construction – Handles higher pipe and hose loads for long, dependable life.
- Centrifugal design – Provides smooth, pulseless liquid flow.
- Multiple sizes – A wide variety of suction/discharge sizes and impeller diameters for increased hydraulic coverage.
- High temperature range – Capable of handling hot liquids (up to 200°F/93°C).
Finish Thompson drum pumps are extremely versatile and are not just for use in in drums. A wide range of tube lengths allow them to be used in drums, barrels, totes, IBCs (intermediate bulk containers) and other container sizes.
- 316 stainless steel construction – Durable and corrosion resistant.
- FDA compliant materials – All FDA pumps have wetted materials that are FDA compliant.
- Tri-Clamp connections – Available Tri-Clamp connection on all FDA versions. Many also offer hose barb as well.
- Explosion proof/ATEX options — When equipped with the proper motor, can transfer flammable alcohol-based fluids and are suitable for use in hazardous locations
- Unique double suction impeller provides high flow rates and high discharge pressure
- Viscosity up to 2,000 cP
FTI Air – Air Operated Double Diaphragm Pumps
Powered by compressed air, FTI Air pumps can run dry, handle solids and abrasives, pump viscous and shear sensitive fluids and are easy to install and operate. 316 stainless steel and polypropylene pumps are available with FDA Compliant Materials construction.
- Simple, durable design – Fewer parts improves reliability and maintenance.
- Non-stalling air valve – Simple, rugged, reliable design.
- Variable flow and pressure – Easy adjustment makes it easy to meet application requirements.
- Ease of operation & maintenance – Fewer parts makes FTI Air pumps easy to install, operate and maintain
Magnetically coupled, sealless centrifugal pumps. While NOT manufactured from FDA compliant materials, Finish Thompson DB Series and SP Series pumps are designed from the ground up to pump corrosive chemicals. They are ideal for transfer of raw CIP solutions from bulk storage to CIP process tanks. Sodium hydroxide, nitric and phosphoric acids, sodium hypochlorite and peracetic acid are easily and safely transferred.
- No mechanical seal – Powerful rare earth magnetic drive system eliminates the troublesome mechanical seal.
- Corrosion resistant – Engineered for the most aggressive liquids, manufactured from polypropylene or PVDF.
- Run dry ability – Makes them less prone to operator error or system upset.
- Self-priming option – SP Series pumps can lift fluid from as deep as 25 feet (7.6 meters) below the pump or can pull liquid out of the top of a tank eliminating through-the-sidewall bulkhead fittings.