Improved accuracy. Faster installation. Greater reliability. What if one innovative pump feature could provide all of these benefits and more? Finish Thompson has taken the “what if” out of the equation. The answer: the Easy Set Outer Drive.
“We’re always researching and developing to discover the best ways to improve our products,” says Pete Scantlebury, VP of Development for Finish Thompson. “When we discovered a common challenge with mag-drive pumps, we decided to address it. Our Easy Set Outer Drive is the perfect solution.”
Here’s the challenge they found, how they addressed it, and the unique benefits it provides to Finish Thompson pump customers.
The outer drive must be positioned precisely on the motor shaft. If the positioning is incorrect, the pump’s reliability suffers, and the misalignment can cause damage.
Finish Thompson’s Easy Set Outer Drive ensures perfect alignment of the inner and outer drive magnets. With this feature, the drive is positioned automatically.
When assembling the pump, simply slide the drive onto the motor shaft until it bottoms out on the locating ring in the bore of the drive. Then tighten two set screws (for NEMA drives) or insert and tighten the motor shaft bolt (for IEC drives).
- Delivers perfect alignment every time: The Easy Set Outer Drive ensures perfect alignment of inner and outer magnets.
- Speeds pump assembly: Automatic positioning reduces assembly and installation time.
- Simplifies pump assembly: No specialized tools or training required.
- Eliminates measuring errors: No measuring needed for placement.
- Maximizes performance: Provides maximum transfer of power from the motor to the impeller.
- Allows vertical operation: DB and UC Series pumps can be installed vertically when used with IEC motors, to conserve premium floor space.
- Enables run-dry capability: If a drive is mis-set, the components will experience friction that generates heat and causes damage. The Easy Set Outer Drive eliminates mis-sets and allows pumps to run dry for extended periods, without damage.
Other pump brands require measuring and precision manual-setting of the outer drive magnet. This can be time-consuming. It may also necessitate additional training for installers. Even then, errors are a possibility.
With Finish Thompson’s Easy Set Outer Drive, these concerns are eliminated. The design removes the guesswork and delivers accuracy, efficiency, and reliability—every time.
Are you tired of adjusting the outer drive magnet assembly on other mag-drive pumps? Do you want to know more about Finish Thompson pumps and their unique features? Contact us today.