Mag Drive Pumps for Odor Control Applications
When the goal is clean air and safe environmental conditions, reliable operations are critical. Mag drive pumps deliver the leak-free, long-lasting performance necessary for odor control applications. Finish Thompson’s durable mag drive pumps can handle the variety of harsh chemicals involved in these processes, to provide safe, dependable operations for fume scrubbers and other odor control applications.
A good example is municipal waste water treatment plants (sewage treatment). Hydrogen sulfide occurs naturally through the anaerobic decay of organic matter. Hydrogen sulfide is corrosive, toxic, and smells like rotten eggs. It has a very low odor threshold so it is easily detected in very low concentrations. Homes and businesses surrounding a sewage treatment plant expect the hydrogen sulfide to be removed. Typical chemicals used in the liquid solution to oxidize hydrogen sulfide include sodium hypochlorite (bleach) and sodium hydroxide (caustic).
- Sewage treatment plants
- Paper mills
- Air pollution control
- Steel manufacturing
- Chemical processing
- Food processing
DB Series, SP Series
Magnetically coupled, sealless centrifugal pumps. Finish Thompson DB Series and SP Series pumps are are designed from the ground up to pump corrosive chemicals in electroplating and anodizing facilities.
- No mechanical seal – Powerful rare earth magnetic drive system eliminates the troublesome mechanical seal.
- Corrosion resistant – Engineered for the most aggressive liquids, manufactured from polypropylene or PVDF.
- Run dry ability – Makes them less prone to operator error or system upset.
- Self-priming option – SP Series pumps can lift fluid from as deep as 25 feet (7.6 meters) below the pump or can pull liquid out of the top of a tank eliminating through-the-sidewall bulkhead fittings.
Engineered for extreme reliability in the most extreme chemical processing applications, Finish Thompson’s ULTRAChem® pumps are magnetically driven, ANSI dimensional pumps. They are constructed from tough ductile iron with ETFE lining for superior corrosion resistance.
- Sealless design – Powerful neodymium magnets drive the impeller through a carbon-filled ETFE lined barrier for dependable, leak-free operation.
- Fully supported shaft and self-aligning dual bushings – designed for optimum alignment to prevent premature wear.
- Complete encapsulation of inner drive magnets in ETFE – for ultimate corrosion protection.