Industrial Chemical Pumps for Steel Processing Applications
Not every pump can handle the harsh chemicals required for steel industry processes. To deliver the heavy-duty solutions that manufacturers need, Finish Thompson offers a comprehensive line of industrial chemical pumps. From mild to corrosive chemicals, these industrial chemical pumps are designed to withstand the toughest environments. They are ideal for the diverse applications found in the steel processing industry.
- Steel pickling
- Wire processing and cleaning
- Waste acid
Which Series are Applicable?
Engineered for extreme reliability in the most extreme chemical processing applications, Finish Thompson’s ULTRAChem® pumps are magnetically driven, ANSI dimensional pumps. They are constructed from tough ductile iron with ETFE lining for superior corrosion resistance.
- Sealless design – Powerful neodymium magnets drive the impeller through a carbon-filled ETFE lined barrier for dependable, leak-free operation
- Fully supported shaft and self-aligning dual bushings – designed for optimum alignment to prevent premature wear
- Complete encapsulation of inner drive magnets in ETFE – for ultimate corrosion protection.
- Low running loads and component stress – for maximum reliability
Magnetically coupled, sealless centrifugal pumps. Finish Thompson DB Series and SP Series pumps are designed from the ground up to pump corrosive chemicals.
- No mechanical seal – Powerful rare earth magnetic drive system eliminates the troublesome mechanical seal.
- Corrosion resistant – Engineered for the most aggressive liquids, manufactured from polypropylene or PVDF.
- Run dry ability – Makes them less prone to operator error or system upset.
- Self-priming option – SP Series pumps can lift fluid from as deep as 25 feet (7.6 meters) below the pump or can pull liquid out of the top of a tank eliminating through-the-sidewall bulkhead fittings.
FTI Air – Air Operated Double Diaphragm Pumps
Powered by compressed air, FTI Air pumps can run dry, handle solids and abrasives, pump viscous and shear-sensitive fluids and are easy to install and operate. They offer excellent chemical resistance with corrosive/hazardous chemicals and can be used for numerous applications including loading and unloading tankers, totes and barrels; for batching/dosing chemicals or as portable utility pumps.
- Simple, durable design – Fewer parts improves reliability and maintenance.
- Non-stalling air valve – Simple, rugged, reliable design.
- Variable flow and pressure – Easy adjustment makes it easy to meet application requirements.
- Ease of operation & maintenance – Fewer parts make FTI Air pumps easy to install, operate and maintain.