Corrosive Chemical Transfer Pump for Chemical Manufacturing & Distribution
Finish Thompson offers a full line of industrial chemical pumps designed to handle the harsh conditions of chemical manufacturing and distribution. From simple transfer to complex manufacturing processes, Finish Thompson centrifugal chemical pumps and drum and barrel pumps offer reliable, durable solutions for corrosive chemical handling.
- Transfer chemicals from bulk storage to blending tanks
- Circulate chemicals in blending tanks
- Load/unload chemicals from trucks & rail cars
- Load chemicals on filling machines
- Transfer chemicals through piping within the plant
- Provide flow through heat exchangers
Which Series are Applicable?
Magnetically coupled, sealless centrifugal pumps. While NOT manufactured from FDA compliant materials, Finish Thompson DB Series and SP Series pumps are designed from the ground up to pump corrosive chemicals.
- No mechanical seal – Powerful rare earth magnetic drive system eliminates the troublesome mechanical seal.
- Corrosion resistant – Engineered for the most aggressive liquids, manufactured from polypropylene or PVDF.
- Run dry ability – Makes them less prone to operator error or system upset.
- Self-priming option – SP Series pumps can lift fluid from as deep as 25 feet (7.6 meters) below the pump or can pull liquid out of the top of a tank eliminating through-the-sidewall bulkhead fittings.
Engineered for extreme reliability in the most extreme chemical processing applications, Finish Thompson’s ULTRAChem® pumps are magnetically driven, ANSI dimensional pumps. They are constructed from tough ductile iron with ETFE lining for superior corrosion resistance..
- Sealless design – Powerful neodymium magnets drive the impeller through a carbon-filled ETFE lined barrier for dependable, leak-free operation.
- Fully supported shaft and self-aligning dual bushings – designed for optimum alignment to prevent premature wear.
- Complete encapsulation of inner drive magnets in ETFE – for ultimate corrosion protection.
- Low running loads and component stress – for maximum reliability.
Finish Thompson GP Series sealed centrifugal pumps offer excellent corrosion resistance. Made with molded housings of wear-resistant polypropylene or PVDF, they are available with a wide range of mechanical seals, while multiple impeller diameters allow for enhanced hydraulic selection and application flexibility.
- Bellows, multispring or double type seals – specify for maximum suction pressure.
- Accepts standard NEMA or IEC metric motors – to meet application requirements.
- Close-coupled or pedestal mounted options.
- Modular design – component interchangeability.
Sealed stainless steel centrifugal pumps from Finish Thompson. The rugged, compact AP Series AC horizontal pumps are available with FDA compliant materials and built to withstand the harshest chemical environments.
- Heavy gage 316 stainless steel construction – Handles higher pipe and hose loads for long, dependable life.
- Centrifugal design – Provides smooth, pulseless liquid flow.
- Multiple sizes – A wide variety of suction/discharge sizes and impeller diameters for increased hydraulic coverage.
- High temperature range – Capable of handling hot liquids (up to 200°F/93°C).
Vertical magnetic drive sealless centrifugal pumps, VKC Series pumps from Finish Thompson offer excellent corrosion resistance and magnetic drive reliability. Multiple impeller diameters and column lengths offer enhanced hydraulic selection and application flexibility.
- True sealless vertical pump design magnetic drive – eliminates the need for wetted shaft bearings.
- Sealed airtight column – helps prevent shaft and motor corrosion and reduces environmental emissions.
- No back impeller – single impeller prevents aeration and eliminates microbubbles in fluid being pumped.
Finish Thompson drum pumps are extremely versatile and are not just for use in in drums. A wide range of tube lengths allow them to be used in drums, barrels, totes, IBCs (intermediate bulk containers) and other container sizes.
- PP, PVDF or 316SS tubes – Select based on your application
- Built-in hose and cord clips – Selected models
- Explosion proof/ATEX options — When equipped with the proper motor, can transfer flammable alcohol-based fluids and are suitable for use in hazardous locations
- High performance sealless pump
- Unique double suction impeller provides high flow rates and high discharge pressure
- Viscosity up to 2,000 cP
- Acids, bases, solvents†, flammables†, water treatment chemicals, cleaners, plating solutions, kidney dialysis solutions, sanitary, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)/AdBlue
- An ideal replacement for hand pumps
- Integral strainer
- Built-in hose, cord clips (EFP/EFV only)
- Light acids and bases, solvents†, plating solutions, sodium hypochlorite, cleaners, coolants, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)/AdBlue
†When pumping flammables or combustibles, use explosion-proof electric or air drive motors on stainless steel tubes with static protection kit.
Powered by compressed air, FTI Air pumps can run dry, handle solids and abrasives, pump viscous and shear-sensitive fluids and are easy to install and operate. They offer excellent chemical resistance with corrosive/hazardous chemicals and can be used for numerous applications including loading and unloading tankers, totes and barrels; for batching/dosing chemicals or as portable utility pumps.
- Simple, durable design – Fewer parts improves reliability and maintenance.
- Non-stalling air valve – Simple, rugged, reliable design.
- Variable flow and pressure – Easy adjustment makes it easy to meet application requirements.
- Ease of operation & maintenance – Fewer parts makes FTI Air pumps easy to install, operate and maintain.